Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Scenario

Scenario: Your good friend keeps making lame excuses - falling down or running into lockers - to explain her bruises and cuts. You suspect her boyfriend is beating her, what do you say or do?

Answer: Situations can be tough when is comes to people you care about. If I suspected my friend was being beaten by her boyfriend I would talk to a guidance counselor and teachers. I would see what they could come up with to help the situation. Honestly, I would talk to my mom as well. She has worked with people who have been abused all her life and I think she could give me some tips on how to help. The most important thing I would do is make sure my friend is aware that I am there for them whenever they need me. That's what I would do if I was in that situation.